BTNETSY TALKS. Etsy Shop Success with Zoe Bateman from Ladybird Likes
Last night I attended this inspirational talk, which was put on free by the fabulous Brighton Etsy Team. It was held at The Old Market in Hove. The venue was cosy and comfortable, and it was good to put faces to the names I know from twitter and Etsy.
The talk was longer than I expected, but very useful and also very amusing. Zoe Bateman spoke in a shy, quiet manner, but had us all laughing, nodding in agreement and completely charmed. I’ve made a brief summary below of the points that I found most helpful.
- Follow your dream (make it specific)
- Identify what you want and set goals to acheive it.
- Find a routine and a work style that suits you.
- Everyone is winging it, so don’t worry!
- You are the boss (which is both scary and liberating)!
- Let go of what you think you should be doing and what others are doing.
- Find your niche… embrace what makes you different and unique.
- Identify your unique selling point and build on this.
- There are no right or wrong answers
- Finally.. DO WHAT YOU LOVE!
- Do what you are passionate about, love doing and encorporate as much of that as you can into your business.
Thank you Brighton Etsy for putting on this talk, and Thank you to Zoe Bateman for the very fun and informative evening.